A space for your furniture. A space for your decor and boxes of books. A space for your business inventory. Whatever your needs, Prince Rupert Mini Storage is more than extra space to store your belongings and assets. It’s an extension of your garage, your home. your office.
Use our clean, bright facilities to store your belongings during your renovation. Store your household goods while you’re downsizing or moving. Or consider us for longer-term personal storage to truly expand your home’s space. It’s up to you. We make storage easy and hassle-free.
For businesses, use our professional facilities to store your product inventory, spare equipment and furniture, and promotional materials. Or consider us for longer-term records storage to free up office space and save money.
Common sense and government laws determine what may be stored in self storage facilities. Please read the following list to ensure that you, your belongings and your fellow customers are safe at all times. If you have any questions, our storage specialists will be happy to help.
As a rule, never store any of the following:
- Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition.
- Food Hazardous, toxic or radioactive goods, biological agents and flammable materials and liquids. These present a serious danger to the facility, its personnel, other customers and your goods.
- Gas canisters (e.g. for barbeques or recreational vehicle use) and aerosol cans.
- Pollutants, contaminated goods, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature.
- Cash or securities, coins, precious stones, jewellery, antiques or fine art unless specifically agreed with us in writing, in advance of storing such goods in the unit.
- Illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained.
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creature.
- NO food or perishable goods. Dry foods (like rice, flour, pet food etc.).
- Scented candles or ornaments made of edible ingredients (e.g. popcorn strings, cookie or play-dough ornaments).
- Waste or other items which do or could emit any fumes, smell or odour.
The minimum rental period is one month and you can stay on a month to month basis for as long as you need the space. We ask you to provide us with at least 30 days’ notice prior to your monthly due date if you intend to vacate your unit. Once your unit is empty, you must inform the office staff so that a unit inspection can be conducted.
No notice is necessary although it is wise to make a reservation so that you won’t be disappointed. Email and telephone reservations are free and can be modified or cancelled if your plans change. You can move in right away as long as we have an available unit for you.
Your rent is due monthly, starting on the first day of every month. You can pay with credit card or etransfer. For qualified business clients, we may also accept post-dated cheques after the first month (some conditions apply).
Yes. We can reserve a unit for you for up to two weeks (subject to availability of that unit type and size). You can call us, or send us an email.
No. Please purchase a high-quality lock or you may also use your own high-quality lock. You are the only keyholder.
Our rental agreements operate on a month-to-month basis and we require 30 days’ notice of your intention to vacate your unit. Notice must be given in writing by email, include your full name, the address of the location that you are currently renting at, your unit number, expected move-out date and a phone number where we can reach you. Once your unit is empty, you must inform the office staff so that a unit inspection can be conducted.
Absolutely! If you realize that you need more or less space after a move, you can simply change to a new unit size, at the new rental rate, with no change fee
Many of the storage facilities have heaters located in the units. There is an additional charge for heated units. There are no power outlets inside individual units. You can use our power for temporary reasons such as vacuuming your unit or building shelves for your files. Please do not operate machinery, charge power tools or batteries, use space heaters or do anything that may potentially cause damage to the facility or endanger our customers. Please speak with our store managers about the specific requirements.